Once you have authorized the unique email address for a Hubdoc account as a forwarding address in Gmail, you can set up an email filter in Gmail if you want your recurring electronic invoices to automatically be emailed into your Hubdoc account.
To create an email filter in Gmail:
1. Log in to your Gmail account and click the gear icon in the upper right area of the page.
2. Select 'Settings' from the dropdown.
3. Click on the 'Filters' tab.
4. Click on the link 'Create a new filter'.
5. Populate the 'From' text box with the email address that you receive the recurring invoices from (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
). You can also fill in any additional information to narrow the list of emails you wish to forward from this vendor to Hubdoc.
6. Click the link 'Create filter with this search'.
7. Check the box next to 'Forward it to' and select the unique email associated with the Hubdoc account to which you want to forward these documents.
8. Click the blue 'Create Filter' button at the bottom of the menu.