You’ve now set up your firm account and are ready to add clients. Congrats!
Before creating the account, make sure you go through this check-list to determine the optimal account set up for you and your clients.
Who's Paying For The Account?
□ The Firm
Accountants and bookkeepers who pay for their clients' accounts will initiate the account creation process from the Organizations Page, also known as the Partner Portal. Clients will then receive an email inviting them to create their Hubdoc account.
The benefits of paying for your client's accounts:
- One monthly invoice from Hubdoc - no need to keep track of multiple client subscription dates
- One fee from you - no need for your client to receive multiple invoices for your services
- Volume-based wholesale pricing (CAD, USD, AUD)
How to: Add a New Client On Hubdoc
□ The Client
Businesses who pay for their own accounts will create their accounts on Hubdoc.com and enter their own billing information to complete the process. Clients can then add your firm as collaborator(s).
Who's Managing The Account?
□ The Firm - Fully managed
Fully managed accounts are good for situations where:
- The client has provided you with their banking credentials; and/or
- The client does not want to receive any email notifications (such as when a bill is due or when an account needs to be updated); and/or
- The client will only be uploading receipts with the mobile app; and/or
- The client does not know they have a Hubdoc account
If you'd like to create a fully managed account, you can assign them an email at your firm such as "email@example.com" OR use an email alias. Once you have created their account, you can provide them with the login information.
□ The Client - Self-managed
Self-managed accounts are good for situations where:
- The client does not want to share their banking credentials; and/or
- The client would like to receive email notifications
In this scenario, simply use your client's preferred email address to create the Hubdoc account.
What Banks and Vendors Will My Client Need?
□ Automated Connections
Hubdoc has over 700 live connections with banks, utilities, telecom providers, and more. Review this list of Hubdoc's Live Connections to determine which ones can be added to your client's account. Enhanced connections will fetch in cheque images and deposit slips in addition to statements.
□ Other banks and vendors
If your client's bank or vendor is not one of our live connections, you can submit your request for new connections by filling out this form or submitting your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congrats! You have now created your client accounts.
Next steps: Client Onboarding