Although Hubdoc does not have a direct integration with Quickbooks Desktop, you can still use Hubdoc to reduce data entry and automate part of the payables process by using Hubdoc and Bill.com together.
Start off by using Hubdoc to store all your client’s documents. Not only will Hubdoc serve as a cloud filing cabinet, but it will extract key details from documents and create bills in Bill.com with the source document attached. These bills will skip the Bill.com 'Inbox' and go straight to the approval stage. Once approved, Bill.com will create the transaction in Quickbooks Desktop for you, automating a large portion of the payable process.
1. Head to the 'Manage Accounts' tab and configure rules for Bill.com for any of the vendors you or your client receive recurring bills from on a regular basis.*
* Unfortunately you can not edit any Bill.com vendor rules from Hubdoc.
2. Take automation a step further and select 'Auto-Sync to Bill.com' to automatically send bills from Hubdoc to Bill.com with the source document attached.
3. Login to Bill.com and review the payables awaiting approval
4. Once the bill has been approved in Bill.com, push the transaction to Quickbooks Desktop to create the entry.
Transactions entered into Quickbooks Desktop from Bill.com can be found with other transactions manually entered for receipts, invoices, and other paid expenses.