All receipts, bills, and statements that are uploaded and/or auto-fetched into Hubdoc go through our Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology, that extracts key data from your financial documents. While this tool within Hubdoc is meant to automate the data entry process, you may decide that manual entry is better suited for your workflow.
Some scenarios in which data extraction may not be needed:
- Hubdoc is used strictly as cloud storage and documents will not be pushed to a downstream cloud integration.
- A high volume of documents are being uploaded into Hubdoc daily (300+).
- Manually uploaded documents enter Hubdoc at month-end, and bank reconciliations are due the same day.
If any of the above apply to you and your business, you can opt to turn off data extraction using the following steps:
1. Select 'Accounts' in the upper right-hand corner of your Hubdoc Dashboard.
2. Select the 'Profile' tab.
3. Scroll down to the 'Data Extraction' section.
4. Uncheck the 'Extract data from uploaded documents' checkbox.
5. Click the 'Save changes' button.
This setting can be turned back on at a later date, but will only work on a going-forward basis. Thus, documents that have already been uploaded will not go through our OCR technology and key data will need to be manually entered before publishing to a downstream integration.
Please note that documents that are uploaded when Data Extraction is turned off, will appear in the 'Archived' tab.